Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baseball messiah


I don't follow baseball much. I do however enjoy the occasional song parody (okay, I REALLY enjoy a good parody, but please, please, do not call me Weird Al.) Ollie's post below inspired this ditty about the Nationals.

Jesus Flores Superstar (as sung to "Superstar" from Jesus Christ Superstar)

Every time I see you hit I don't understand
How the Nats line-up got so out of hand.
Acta would have managed better if he'd had a plan.
Why'd he choose Brian Schneider who is such a strange man?
If you would lead today we could reach the post-season.
All your fans in Venezuela would be a Chavez-hating legion.
Don't you get me wrong.
I only want to know.

[CHORUS]

Jesus Flores, Jesus Flores,
Who are you? What have you sacrificed (bunt)?
Jesus Flores Superstar,
Do you think you're what Ollie says you are? (Nats Messiah)

No comments: